If you’re interested in discussing MACI with your doctor, here are some important questions to ask:
- Is there anything else I can do to gain greater pain relief?
- Will I ever be able to resume the level of activity or the types of activities I used to enjoy?
- Is there anything else I can do to gain a greater range of motion?
- Have previous cartilage treatments or procedures (if applicable) worked as well as expected?
- What do you think is the next step for me?
- What other options are there for me?
- Is there a long-term cartilage treatment option other than total knee replacement?
- Do you think I’m a candidate for MACI?
MACI is used for the repair of symptomatic, deep cartilage damage of the adult knee that may or may not affect the bone.
If you know you’ve already had a cartilage biopsy taken
and are ready to take the next step with MACI, click here